We Pursue Justice For Your Injuries
We help those injured by medical malpractice seek just compensation
Physicians and other healthcare providers owe their patients a duty to provide a professional standard of care, demonstrating the same level of skill that fellow practitioners would normally exercise. When that duty of care is breached and you are injured as a result, you may be able to seek damages through a medical malpractice claim. We represent clients in medical malpractice actions throughout South Carolina. Victims of medical negligence may recover compensation for past and future medical expenses, pain and suffering, emotional distress and lost income. We fight for favorable outcomes for our clients.
We handle a range of malpractice claims
Medical malpractice can take the form of many types of preventable mistakes, wrongful actions or exercises in poor judgment. Medical malpractice case may include:
- Anesthesia Errors — Patients who are not given sufficient anesthesia may be in extreme pain throughout surgery but unable to communicate their distress. Conversely, patients receiving too much anesthesia can experience life-threatening complications. We press for the compensation you deserve in these cases.
- Birth Injuries — Cerebral palsy, fractures, infections and nerve damage are just some of the injuries infants may suffer from a doctor's improper care during delivery.
- Emergency Room Errors — An ER doctor who doesn't recognize the severity of a patient's condition may be to blame if a lack of care results in deterioration of the patient's health.
- Medication Errors — Wrong medications or wrong dosages can result in adverse reactions and serious injury.
- Misdiagnosis — A misdiagnosis can result in harmful, unnecessary treatment while depriving the patient of proper treatment.
- Negligent Nursing Home Care — Nursing home caretakers who abuse or neglect patients may be responsible for falls, dehydration or other serious health issues suffered by nursing home residents.
- Surgical Errors — Surgeons who operate on the wrong body part or leave surgical tools inside a patient can cause serious, permanent damage or death.
We retain medical experts to support your case who can present compelling evidence of malpractice to jurors.
We Can Take Timely Action on Your Claim
It is important to consult an attorney as soon as you believe that malpractice may have occurred. South Carolina law sets statutory deadlines for filing medical malpractice claims. If a deadline passes before a claim is made, you may be unable to seek remedy from the parties responsible for your suffering. In addition, investigating your malpractice claim immediately after the injury occurs preserves crucial evidence and valuable testimony. Contact us to discuss your case.
Contact Us to Discuss Your Medical Malpractice Claim
If you are injured by a medical professional, you have a right to seek damages for negligent care. We help our clients hold healthcare providers accountable for the harm they cause. Call us at 864.862.2800 contact us online to discuss your case.